Thursday 29 May 2008

The Rules






Blagging motherhood is fractionally more serious than blagging in the business world so I’ve decided there have to be rules.

So, here they are:

1. All problems and queries must be Googled.



2. Once a solution is found via Google, it is OK to then diversify and look at other websites/books etc, but not before.


3. Clearly, these rules do not apply to medical emergencies



4. Unquestionably, I’m allowed a certain number of wild cards – i.e. I can phone my mum rather than Google if I’m knackered/hormonal/PMT/can’t be arsed Googling.


5. My husband is not allowed to divorce me on the grounds of unreasonable behaviour because I am Parenting the Google Way.




6. I accept no responsibility whatsoever for the correctness or suitability of my, or Google's, suggestions and answers and will not be held accountable for any criticism you receive from health visitors. However, should they prove to be incredibly successful, I fully expect to receive all credit and praise via Comments.



7. Finally, it’s my blog and it’s my baby so all rules are subject to change at my discretion, should

I have the energy / be able to stay awake long enough to think of any new ones.





Image taken from Charith's photostream on Flickr.

No comments: